Para Collection for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by guru_ck, Jul 28, 2010.

1. guru_ck macrumors 6502

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Seems pretty nice indeed. Better than a lot of the other stuff out there. I wonder what exactly the mirror protector is supposed to do with that case.

3. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Yeah, looks nice. I ordered one just because it from more. but I am afraid it's just plastic. Maybe some mixture of silicone and plastic would be better.

4. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks mostly silicone to me. One of their selling points is "Shock absorbable" which hard plastic wouldn't really provide.

5. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

It looks like plastic to me because it's shiny :D
    I am stunned though that nobody here bought this already :)
    by the way I ordered the black. Black suits me :

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

This is something I'd consider if I hadn't already ordered a leather case. Buying more cases just seems redundant and a waste of money to me.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Looks like TPU to me.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

9. concept7 macrumors newbie

just bought mine in orange, lets see how they turn out!

10. essvee macrumors newbie

I'm assuming it's gonna make the colour "pop" on the back... Kinda like a see thru TPU on a white iphone, just makes the colour more vibrant.

11. PianoDavid macrumors newbie

Email correspondence

I emailed the company about the material used in this case, here is a copy of the correspondence. I would also assume it is TPU/similar.

My Question:
    More-Thing.com - - Para Collection iPhone 4 cases

I am writing to ask about the Para Collection cases for the iPhone 4. The web page does not describe them very much. Is the material very soft and rubbery like silicone or is it more like a hard polycarbonate, or is the material something in the middle? The cases are a one-piece design, correct? Is the material 'sticky' at all, like silicone can be? I am wondering if it would be easy to put in and take out of pants pockets.

More's Response

Thanks,

I will say in the middle: a soft plastic case but its texture is a bit like a hard case. Yes, it is a one-piece design and I don't feel any "sticky" from the case. It should be quite easy to take out of the pockets.

Regards,
    Joey Tam
    --------------------------------------------
    more things in life.

12. xMastemah macrumors member

@above: THANKS! I was wondering that EXACT thing. :D

I bought one yesterday in black. Have bought their products before. Well, one, and the design was awesome but it was plastic and scratched my 3GS. Not the company's fault...should've thought before buying plastic.

:rolleyes:

13. w3iiipu macrumors member

i kinda like it....too bad orange is out of stock...booo
    anyone who ordered it please do a review when u receive it....

14. PianoDavid macrumors newbie

There's plenty of them on eBay right now...
    same/virtually same price, too.

15. x.leviathan macrumors newbie

Just got mine yesterday. Great case. Love the feel of it. The sides are very "grip-able" and the other part of the back feels more solid and sturdy. Overall good for daily use...

16. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Could you post some pics? Thx

17. x.leviathan macrumors newbie

I don't have an outside camera...my mom might, so I'll post some whenever I see her next. Should be tonight or tomorrow.

18. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Pics please? :)

19. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got mine in. I took some pics but they didn't turn out too well. I got mine for $21.00 shipped on eBay and it took 7 days to get to California from China.

Pros:
    • It's transparent so I can see Apple logo.
    • It easily slides in and out of my pocket.
    • When you slide your hand all the way across the screen it easily swipes over the edge of the case instead of bumping into it. It's sloped like a ramp.
    • The power wake/sleep button is very easy to press.
    • The included mirror overlay for the back is of good quality and easy to reapply if you don't align it correctly.

Cons:
    • The opening for the vibrate switch is not big enough so you have to use two hands to switch it on/off.
    • On the sides closest to the back panel you can feel a little bump where they molded the pieces together.

Overall much better than my Griffin Reveal Etch.

20. GT-R macrumors member

anybody have actual live pics of this case? i cant find anything but the photoshopped ones off of their website