Paralells vs. VMWare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by carfac, May 29, 2008.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

One is 20 bills cheaper, but they both look like they do the same thing. I am probably missing some of the finer points of differences. So which is better? Or which do you use.... and why?

I am not so hot on Bootcamp, I would like to use one for these that works within OsX...

2. maestrocasa macrumors regular

I'm using VMWare with XP sp2 and have been very happy with it. no problems. really like the "Unity" feature. Haven't tried Parallels, but most of the recommendations I received were for fusion. Good Luck!

3. desi22601 macrumors member

I tend to go towards Vmware Fusion.. i run xp flawlessly with Vmware fusion. I found that VMware Fusion is very easy to use and it doesn't slow down your computer. I have used both but in my opinion i am getting better performance and also ease with Vmware.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I have both and am using Windows XP.

Mac OS is Tiger.

Right now I would lean towards Parallels. Like the way it is set up and the way it works. It seems networking is better with Parallels. VMWare seems a little faster. Both of these observations are subjective and not based upon objective data/measurements.

Both seem okay overall.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

You're going to get a ton of different answers to this question. My suggestion is you download a trial of both Parallels and Fusion because chances are one will work better for you than the other.