Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
One is 20 bills cheaper, but they both look like they do the same thing. I am probably missing some of the finer points of differences. So which is better? Or which do you use.... and why?

I am not so hot on Bootcamp, I would like to use one for these that works within OsX...

desi22601

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
I tend to go towards Vmware Fusion.. i run xp flawlessly with Vmware fusion. I found that VMware Fusion is very easy to use and it doesn't slow down your computer. I have used both but in my opinion i am getting better performance and also ease with Vmware.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I have both and am using Windows XP.

Mac OS is Tiger.

Right now I would lean towards Parallels. Like the way it is set up and the way it works. It seems networking is better with Parallels. VMWare seems a little faster. Both of these observations are subjective and not based upon objective data/measurements.

Both seem okay overall.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
You're going to get a ton of different answers to this question. My suggestion is you download a trial of both Parallels and Fusion because chances are one will work better for you than the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.