Parallel? and Parallel + Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lacrosseboss18, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Lacrosseboss18 macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2011
    Im looking to get my first Macbook Pro 13 this weekend. I'm going to be purchasing it for school and my number one concern is battery life. I don't always have access to a plug so its kind of an issue.

I was wondering what type of battery life i could expect. I would be running parallel on the machine as i want to continue to use Microsoft Onenote for all my note taking. I would also leave the internet on as i sometimes jump online to look something up. I wouldn't be doing a lot of browsing just the occasional search and downloading the class powerpoints for the day. I would keep the screen brightness down to the lowest or a notch or two up from the lowest.

I was also wondering with Parallel, if i was to download a pdf file while on my Mac OS could i locate the file one i open Windows XP in Parallel or would i have to open parallel, and use the web browser from within Windows to import my files?

Thanks for all the help
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Your battery life is dependent on a number of things, including screen brightness, WiFi, bluetooth, apps/processes/widgets you have running, Flash on websites, health of your battery, type of internal drive you have, how much free space and RAM you have, etc. It's truly a case of YMMV. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
  3. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2010
    London, UK
    I've got my Parallels configured so that anything I have on my OSX desktop also appears on my Windoze desktop so that they can be accessed by either OSs. Not sure how I configured it or whether it was by fluke; it was quite a while ago when I did the setup.
  4. elpmas macrumors 68000

Sep 9, 2009
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    I assume your battery life with Parallel will be roughly least that's what mine estimated :eek:
  5. tcador macrumors regular

Jan 16, 2008
    I'm running vmware fusion on my 15" mbp and get around 2.5-3 hours running a windows 7 vm (installing software, updates, etc).