Parallel Desktop and direct3D

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iBertel, Oct 23, 2010.

1. iBertel macrumors newbie

Hey people.

So my problem is i installed Parallel Desktop, installed windows 7, 64bit and after i installed Lineage 2 (a game that uses Direct3D) i get an error running the game, were it says i need to enable Direct3D in the DxDiag - but when i run the DxDiag it just tell me that info is not available, so there is nowere i can enable Direct3D :/ I have been googling the issue, but i havent been able to find a solution on how to use/enable Direct3D. However the graphic card i have in my MacBook pro is called Nvidia Geforce GT 330M and does support Direct3D so it must be something that happens because of the mac cross to windows 7 thingy.

Also i have been trying to installe the latest drivers from Nvidias website, but i also get an error when i try to install them, saying it cant verufy my hardware - so it must be something about windows not beeing able to detect what kind of graphic card i use cause its on a mac system???

Another thing i notcied was in DxDiag i saw under memory, it only see 1 GB of memory and i have 4 GB available not that it changes anything, but just a small note if it can help anyone maybe.

aww i hope someone can help me out.

My setup:

MacBookPro 2010 model
    Core i7 intel processor 2.6 Ghz
    4gb memory
    Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

thx in advance

hope someone out there is a lot smarter than me!

Cheers

2. iBertel thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I just looked at the specs of the game and I don't think it would run well, if not at all, in a virtual machine. This would be something more of a Boot Camp solution.

However, when install the game, it should install whatever DirectX stuff is needed to run the game. Is there nothing on the disc you have the game on that has something like DXSetup.exe or something along those lines?

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

This game should definitely run through Parallels. What version of Parallels Desktop are you running? Only the later versions have support for higher DX levels.

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

My further research shows that Paralells 5 and 6 should support Direct3D. Not sure about other versions.