Parallel in Leopard?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jxcobra, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jxcobra macrumors newbie

I currently owe a Macbook with 2 GB of RAM installed. I have used Parallel Desktop to run Windows XP along with OS Tiger for over a year without any incident. However, recently I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard. Ever since then Parallel Desktop have been responding weirdly. Over half the times when I attempt to open Parallels Desktop the application would fail to respond and my computer would behave extremely slow until I force quit Parallels. On the times that Parallels actual successfully open, the internet in Windows XP would not connect. Even if I'm connected to Wireless or Wired networks in Leopard.

This problem is getting quite frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. brkirch macrumors regular

Have you updated Parallels Desktop to the latest version? Older builds of Parallels Desktop 2.5 and 3.0 aren't compatible with Leopard, you will need to download a newer build. If you are using the US/UK Parallels Desktop 3.0 you can download the latest version from http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop (it will say it is a trial version, but in actuality it is the full version, so you can ignore the email you get with a trial key because your existing license will work with it). If you are using Parallels Desktop 2.5 there is a Leopard update available here.