Parallel lines down one side?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gatecitybee, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Gatecitybee macrumors member

Gatecitybee

I don't know if this has been on my screen the whole time because I use the landscape orientation 95% of the time and these lines line up with the top of most apps, but I recently started using portrait more and these lines stay on the same side of the screen. Is this a defect? I took a picture to try and demonstrate what I'm seeing (the lines don't show up on the images from a screen grab).

Any insight would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Those look normal.

3. TrimmTrabb macrumors member

No, that's not normal. It's clearly a defect in the display, given that it doesn't appear in screenshots.

As you can see from the post above, it can be very misleading to rely on the advice of random people on a forum. Please call AppleCare or go to an Apple store to have a professional examine it.

4. thelead macrumors 6502

5. Gatecitybee thread starter macrumors member

Gatecitybee

Thanks. I had already made an appointment at the Apple Store for tomorrow but I thought I'd see what people here thought too.

6. noteple macrumors 65816

7. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

8. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

That's really crazy! Obviously not normal at all. And first I've seen on Mac rumors!

9. number84 macrumors 6502

I recall someone else here had the same issue. Basically a whole row of dead pixels.

10. Gatecitybee thread starter macrumors member

Gatecitybee

I went to the Apple Store today and they replaced it with no issues. I was in and out in 10 minutes. It was my first experience with returning an Apple product and it was as painless as it could possibly be.