Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey everyone, I plan on picking up my first MacBook Air ever in about two weeks and I am excited. My configuration will be an i7, 256 GB or 512 GB SSD and 8 GB of RAM.

Can't wait to dive in and see what it's like. I do have a question. I plan on either using bootcamp or parallels for certain games that don't have a Mac equivalent. Specifically MapleStory.

I know this is a huge request but I wanted to know if someone could download and install MapleStory and tell me what the performance is like and what the fps are like? I'm thinking my configuration should be enough but I wanted to know if someone with a machine could tell me.

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Hey everyone, I plan on picking up my first MacBook Air ever in about two weeks and I am excited. My configuration will be an i7, 256 GB or 512 GB SSD and 8 GB of RAM.

Can't wait to dive in and see what it's like. I do have a question. I plan on either using bootcamp or parallels for certain games that don't have a Mac equivalent. Specifically MapleStory.

I know this is a huge request but I wanted to know if someone could download and install MapleStory and tell me what the performance is like and what the fps are like? I'm thinking my configuration should be enough but I wanted to know if someone with a machine could tell me.

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated.

Most unbelievable post of the decade. :rolleyes:

You're buying the max config, so the performance will be what it will be.

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Most unbelievable post of the decade. :rolleyes:

You're buying the max config, so the performance will be what it will be.

I fully understand that I am buying the max config, that doesn't underscore the fact that I'm curious how that game performs in Windows under parallels or bootcamp.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I fully understand that I am buying the max config, that doesn't underscore the fact that I'm curious how that game performs in Windows under parallels or bootcamp.

Just curious....How bad would the performance have to be for you to not buy an MBA?

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just curious....How bad would the performance have to be for you to not buy an MBA?

Well I plan on getting the MacBook Air regardless of this one games performance. It's not that big of a deal honestly. I'm excited to get it because I'll finally have a powerful, lightweight, awesome battery life notebook that I can take with me to tech conferences like CTIA and CES.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.