Parallel vertical lines all over my icons my mouse and pics

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by donovan39, Dec 27, 2011.

1. donovan39 macrumors newbie

I have small parallel vertical lines that have appeared on all my my icons. At the bottom of my desktop. One is attached to my mouse when I move it around. They are about an inch across and about an inch or so down.

The ones on my mouse and icons are like a box shape. Its about 7 mini lines across then a space then repeat to 4 of these. Down its 8 but still 4 across. It makes up a mini box.

My pics in iphoto are fine till I open them up. Then the whole image is lines.

What is going on and how do I get rid of this? I cant edit anything to put on ebay. I have a 10.4.11.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Sounds like it may be the GPU. What Mac are you using? If the GPU is removable, try shutting it down and removing it and blowing all the dust out of it.

If you have an iMac or Powerbook/iBook/Mini, Try blowing all the dust out of it with compress air. Either way, the GPU may have permanent damage.

3. ThunderSnake macrumors 6502

Yes, more information is needed. Which G4? Which video card? Does the video card have a fan? If so, is it working?

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

We really need to know what kind of computer you have...

I can picture what you're describing, I've seen it caused by faulty graphics cards, and also by faulty memory, and also by memory that was simply very dusty.