Parallels 11 + Win10 = No VPN + No Start + ...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by groovyd, Aug 24, 2015.

1. groovyd macrumors 6502a

groovyd

Installed Parallels 11 to use my Win10 VM for work and it no longer even tries connecting to my work VPN when clicking to connect on the network connection. No nothing, not even the window that normally pops up with the bigger connect button, just sits there like I never clicked on anything. Thinking perhaps there was a problem with the network connection itself I removed the VPN and tried setting up a new one to no luck.

The second issue I am now having is the Start menu won't open. Clicking on the start icon in the lower left corner just does nothing. Other apps launch fine, mostly all except Windows Explorer (file explorer) takes sometimes now up to 30 seconds to launch and will close itself automatically randomly.

I recommend everyone staying far away from Parallels 11 until they work this out.

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

What version of OS X? I'm running Parallels 10.2.2 on OS X 10.10.5 and have a Windows VM that works just fine. However, I did replace the Win10 Start Menu with a 3rd party product.