Parallels 11?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DogCatMSMac, Sep 21, 2015.

1. DogCatMSMac macrumors member

DogCatMSMac

How's Parallels 11 working for everyone? Should I upgrade from Parallels 10 now? Wait until El Capitan is released? Or is it not ready for prime time yet and should I should wait even longer. 10 is working fine now, I'm just concerned about what will happen with El Capitan.

2. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

It's okay it is stable, honestly though it wasn't worth the financial investment especially with releasing two modes now a professional and non.

I would say the latest version of VMware would be a bigger financial incentive now, although I do use Parallels VMware is more stable.

3. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

I've had no issues with it with Linux or windows VM's I have. I am mostly CLI Linux vm's, not much to mess up there really. I am liking the headless option though for these now in latest parallels. It doesn't open the window for its virtual session if you don't want it to. My CLI Linux vm's I prefer to use my iterm application. In the past I'd just minimize the window. Now I have it set up headless to not even see that window anymore. Minor convenience feature I like anyway.

I opted for the pro package but haven't tested its features out yet. Like the pro network options to gimp your virtual network intrigues me to see how net apps handle when you simulate a less than optimal network.

4. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I have been waiting to El Capitan before upgrading my VMWare Fusion to the latest version. It is about 20 USD cheaper than getting Parallels.

5. aced411 macrumors 6502

It works great, but they really got out of control with their licensing policy. You can only install on one machine (activated online) and cannot move to another machine without getting assistance from their support team.