parallels 4.0 + windows 7 bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bobbypotluck, Apr 12, 2009.

1. bobbypotluck macrumors member

I've probably installed/reinstalled my boot camp partition at least 20 times just messing around with different operating systems but have run into some problems all of a sudden.

I finally put windows 7 on the bootcamp partition and love it, and read that parallels 4.0 can run windows 7, so i upgraded from 3.0. I even upgraded my RAM so i could allocate more memory in parallels.

But for some reason, i cant seem to get the windows 7 drive to mount properly in osx. I'm not sure how windows 7 formats the drive but it seems to be in a way that osx cant read or recognize. i have macFUSE installed as well. When i went to run the parallels installer to use the bootcamp partition it says it does not have read/write access to the drive. When i do the mount the drive in osx it shows up as blank (0GB of 30GB used and no files shown). any suggestions?

2. pierre1610 macrumors member

not sure it helps but windows 7 formats the drive as ntfs. I have it installed under bootcamp and can access the drive through OSX fine. I use Paragon NTFS, i've also got it running through parallels 4 and the drive mounts with that too.