Parallels 5.0 on a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by findingforever, Nov 15, 2009.

1. findingforever macrumors newbie

Any personal review of Parallel 5.0 would be great. I have never run Parallels before and am wondering if it is very graphic intensive. If so, I am wondering if I should wait till the next revision with a better graphics card. Only game I will be playing on Parallel most likely will be Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Appreciate the help. *I have a 9400m graphics card

2. thecheda macrumors 6502

Mbp

I have a MBP 2.2 w/ just 2 gigs of ram, and it ran smooth. I am guessing the game RCT isn't that graphic intense.

3. findingforever thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I know this might not be the easiest question to answer but did it have any sluggishness at all. Was it pretty much as smooth as it would be running boot camp? I know RCT2 is not that graphic intensive but it would seem as though running RCT2 in Parallels/Windows 7 in Mac OSX would be pretty intensive. Is my thinking correct?

4. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

You want to avoid using parallels on anything thats runing 2 gigs of ram with the integrated graphics chip already eating into 256mb of it. I've tried it on my mba and the 2.26 13'' and it does get a bit glitchy and slow when you're spacing out to another space, or whatnot. Otherwise, it's bearable.. If you've got 4gigs of ram, and are using the 9400m, it's fine and smooth. Using it on my 15'' 2.66 4gig right now..