Parallels 5.0 SIOJ?i223?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by El Burro, Dec 29, 2009.

1. El Burro macrumors regular

El Burro

How do I run one program without loading up all of Windows 7 (bootcamp partition running under virtualization in Snow Leopard)?

I dont like to wait 5 minutes just to open one application that I need --- any tips?

Also, I tried running the program using Crossover Professional, and it doesn't work through that because it doesn't have an installer, it runs from a disc (I get a bunch of errors if I try that).

I guess I could try crossover prof. again, but how would I run a program that doesn't have an installer with it (it's just a .exe and its mean tto be run off the DVD no installation necessary).

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Unless you can get it to run in crossover, your only other option is to preload Windows under Parallels at boot and just leave it idle until you need your program.

Slightly better would be to boot and suspend Windows, but at least with Fusion, that option requires you to be running a dedicated VM. Then all you have to wait for is a recover from hibernation.

Are you running from a Boot Camp partition or dedicated Parallels VM?

B

3. El Burro thread starter macrumors regular

El Burro

A Bootcamp partition.

It works perfectly in Parallels, but right now I'm trying to figure out how to get it to run under Crossover Mac.

I narrowed the problem down to Quicktime and the Shockwave Player.

I believe that one of the two (I think Quicktime) is not loaded properly or at all in Crossover Mac, though I installed Quicktime 7.6.exe into the bottle.