Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Just got my new imac, installed windows xp via bootcamp. Then ran parallels and it showed me an initial configuration thingie for this VM.

It's been stuck on step 1 for well over 2 hours now, I was able to use a button to go into manual configuration but all this does it show me windows xp starting and then ending in a blue screen, then it simply returns to the configuration screen again, still showing it's at step 1 of 4. There is no way to quit the program as it keeps saying you must do all 4 steps. I suppose I could do a force quit but I'm unsure if there are any bad consequences.... Ideas?

wesleyh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
Ok i force quit it, redid it, stops at the exact same spot. Did manual and took a screenshot of the BSOD.

It says:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And a bit further down:

ftdisk.sys
AppleMNT.sys

Any ideas?

gabat

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
Ok i force quit it, redid it, stops at the exact same spot. Did manual and took a screenshot of the BSOD.

It says:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And a bit further down:

ftdisk.sys
AppleMNT.sys

Any ideas?

I have the same problem...

Nothing works....Have you found a solution?

CyberBob859

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I had some issues with Parallels 5 trying to convert a VM used in Parallels 4. Got the same BSOD message. Digging into the Parallels forums seem to indicate that if you set the number of processors used to 1 in the VM, the problem goes away. You may want to consider trying this to see if it resolves your problem.

gabat

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
Thank you for the reply.

I have already tried this. unfortunately doesnt work. My processors number is always at 1 :(

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Does the bootcamp partition run without problems? Could be that you have old drivers that needs to be updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.