Parallels 5 Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NEWtoNJ2010, May 30, 2010.

1. NEWtoNJ2010 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded a trial version of parallels 5, If I have a Macbook Pro with snow leopard 500GB with 450 mac and 30 windows - via Bootcamp, how do I get my windows into a virtual machine, do I have to reinstall and lose the programs and files I have or will it convert the Bootcamp partition with windows already installed so I can use that virtually?
    No idea how this works, any help or directions you can provide would be appreciated.

MB Pro 2.53 500GB, Iphone 32GB, nano 5th 16GB, Ipad 64GB WiFi, Apple Tv 160 GB

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Parallels has a function that allows you to use your Bootcamp partition as a virtualized machine without losing any info.

3. NEWtoNJ2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where is that in import a virtual machine?

Is that import a virtual machine or just start from scratch and form a VM from a bootcamp partition with windows on it already?

4. roxygal9 macrumors regular

Parallels 5 -Cant get parallel tools to install

I have parallels 5 installed as well as win 7 and i can virtualize into win 7. However I have no drivers for windows 7, and at the bottom of the parallels screen it says, parallel tools not installed. I try to install them it gives me an error saying the disk isnt inserted, so I insert the disk and try to install again, but it does nothing. Can someone please help?