Parallels 5? Terrible word I know!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ateam, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ateam macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a lot of stuff that I use on windows so rather than not have it I
    integrated ParallelsV5 with my mac and it works ok! Till one problem occured.

I have a Time Capsule which is all good connecting thru the mac but when it
    comes to connecting XP it doesn't want to do it.

Thats my Question how do I get the system to give the Time Capsule a
    dedicated drive it has done before but rather annoyingly either doesn't show
    up or changes the drive letter say from X to Z the real bunmmer is when it
    doens't show up at all...

Any Help would be really appreciated

Nick

2. ae3265 macrumors member

Can you add it as a shared folder? I do that with my Documents and Desktop folders and Parallels seems to keep that mapped the way I want it.

3. ateam thread starter macrumors newbie

Parallels 5? Terrible word I know!

Yea I have it as a shared folder but it can't always see it

Nick

4. duky macrumors 6502

Does it only see the Time Capsule when it is actually mounted (in OS X)? I know that my Time Capsule is not always mounted (in OS X) though I can see in on the Shared tab in Finder. You could set the Time Capsule to auto-mount in OS X and then perhaps it will always appear as a shared folder in Windows.

5. tomllama macrumors regular

I have issues in Parallels 5 where some of the shared folders do not show up as soon as it (appears) that XP has finished booting. If I wait until the audible disk access slows (another 30 seconds to a minute) the folders are available and are seen in Windows Explorer.

I never look at my Time Capsule in Windows and I have Parallels set to not back up Windows via TC. My issues are with both external software RAID or non-RAID external drives (all eSATA) and an internal software RAID.

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Try setting your virtual machine's network adapter for bridged mode so that it has its own IP on your local network. Then you should be able to browse to your Time Capsule from Windows.