Parallels 7 and Mountain Lion Spaces Issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by AAPLGeek, Jul 30, 2012.

1. AAPLGeek macrumors regular

I'm on a fresh 10.8 install running latest build of parallels 7 (7.0.15104).

I've assigned desktop 2 to Parallels but whenever i launch the VM, it always opens in desktop 1. So i always have to switch back to desktop 1 and drag the VM window to desktop 2 manually. This is incredibly annoying.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues with latest Parallels build?

2. AAPLGeek thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else running Parallels on Mountain Lion?

3. sbessel macrumors newbie

Same issue here, and it is worse with dual monitors.

I refuse to talk to Parallels Tech support, last time I reported a bug they wasted WEEKS of my time trying to get me to do all the work duplicating a clear and very easy to replicate issue.

They have yet to fix that bug - I don't expect them to fix this one anytime soon. I do expect them to insert some new and completely new worthless feature instead.

I use Parallels because it works for me, but I don't really like it nor the company.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I had this problem in Lion prior to installing version 7.0.15104.778994. I hadn't tested it with Mountain Lion until today. I have Parallels setup to load in Desktop 4 and it works as expected. I don't have the VM start up automatically, however.

S-

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I actually had to remove parallels from my computer after I started it a few times and screen went black and into some sort of DOS mode, everything stated was about parallels....So i removed it and problem solved.

It is very buggy, and I am upset I spent 50 bucks upgrading to parallels 7 for this craptastic compatibility...I already requested my refund, deleted it from system, and am trying virtual box today.

If its more stable i'll laugh cause its free

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Parallels has had this problem since the beginning of time.

Now, I have all my VM's set to "full screen" whereas MC just kicks them to a desktop/space on the end.

7. thasan macrumors 6502a

parallels messes things up whenever i disconnect from my external monitor. i have to restart everytime i do that :( the support is terrible. they answer with links and says it has been marked as resolved.

8. ZipZap macrumors 601

Is Parallels maximized on the second screen? I think it has to be to remember.

9. thasan macrumors 6502a

no for me. it always comes in the first screen for me. and then i have to drag it to the second. i keep it running 24/7 though. so not a big problem for me.