Parallels 7 Coming Soon !

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mkflyfish, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mkflyfish, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

I just downloaded the trial version of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, the download screen however says "Try Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac", the download however was still 6.012..

Michael

I can't get to the link anymore either, if you try to go to download trial from the Parallels 6 for Mac screen, it just disconnects.

Attached Files:

• pd7.jpg
      pd7.jpg
      File size:
      189.2 KB
      Views:
  2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

interesting

quite interesting. i tried the link on my computer, and it wouldn't load, so im assuming they took it off.
    the funny thing is they are advertising for Parallels 7 , yet it has parallels 6 shown on the box next to the computer xD.
    Oooh Can't wait.. i <3 Parallels more then VMWare [which im trying out right now!]

3. TSE macrumors 68030

Interesting.... think I should hold off on my purchase then...

4. jim468 macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I recently got my mac and was planning on purchasing parallels. I think it maybe better to hang on for a while... considering that this version will support the new features in Lion.

The trial download link is disconnecting for me too. Maybe its coming out soon :)

5. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Whats the latest word on Parallels vs VMWare ?

6. funsize macrumors newbie

Weird. I would still download Parallels Desktop 6 to be safe.

And from my experience Parallels Desktop is definitely still the best, especially with Lion. So impressed with how prepared they were with the Lion release, because I know a lot of other software out there weren't that ready.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That its still personal preference. Kind of like the Mac vs. PC sort of thing. I like vmware, others like parallels.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Does VMware support Win98 with sound? I was a bit disappointed with Parallels on this regard.

9. LightOnAHill macrumors regular

I did a windows 7 install (double install for upgrade disk) with bootcamp, and then set up the parrallels system, and I am very impressed.

I will buy ther version 7. I love their version 6. I'm in the Mac OS using parallels for office (cause 2011 sucks, yes, it does), and i'll do bootcamp if it's time to craft, but having both options available rocks.

the only thing is you have to talk to microsoft on the phone so they don't think you're running the OS and the Office on two computers. they record the conversation, and then give you the green light, which as far as this attorney is concerned, is good for me.

10. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

Thinking of buying it just so I can print from my VM's again. Not working in Fusion under Lion.

11. jim468 macrumors regular

I was planning to buy Parallels, but I am glad I waited. I think I can buy it now.

I think Fusion may also be releasing a new version soon since P7 is now out.