Parallels 7 goes to Incompatible Software on GM

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by e270889o, Jul 9, 2012.

1. e270889o macrumors member

Hi everyone.

If just update to GM from DP4 and on the first start I get a message that said that Parallels its not compatible with this version of OSX. I get the same message when i try to launth Parallels.

Even the installation of GM have move the Parallels Service.app and 4 .plist files to a new Incompatible Software on the root folder of OSX.

Is anyone having this issue? I haven't any problems with DP4

Thank everyone

2. e270889o thread starter macrumors member

3. RabidMacFan macrumors regular

If I understand this thread and the related thread correctly, then the latest version of Parallels 7 works fine on Mountain Lion GM. OP just needed to update the software.

4. e270889o thread starter macrumors member

Not exactly cause i had Parallels update to last version. Before update ML to GM ML, i check all apps to possible updates and it was Ok.

Among that, Parallels works perfect on DP4.

Well, just in case, re-install last version from that link and it will be fixed if someone faces same bug.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm running Parallels 6 on Lion. Does 6 work on MLGM? I don't use much and don't want to upgrade. Also if I do have to upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 7 just to find out I must then upgrade to 8.

Right now I can upgrade to 7 for a good price but no need if 6 will run or if you will need 8. I only want to upgrade to 7 if 6 won't run and 7 works fin on ML.:confused::eek:

6. silverjam macrumors regular

I would back up your Parallels pvm Win File/s, then make sure you have all the updates. Hope for the best but if it doesn't work then wait for version 8 if possible. They came out with 7 very soon after Lion was released. Having said that I am not sure Parallels can continue (or need to) to output versions at the pace Apple does with their quasi OS upgrades.

Apart from different options in fullscreen, I have never noticed much difference between 6 and 7 and even went back to 6 initially when I bought 7 until they ironed out the problems. That is, I hated 7 to start with.

Silver

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Is it semi-safe to assume that if 7 works 6 will too or if 6 doesn't 7 probably won't either. This way I can exclude 7 completely.

8. crna brada macrumors newbie

Solved: Reinstall Parallels 7

The solution is to download latest version of Parallels 7 from their web site and reinstall it on ML GM!!

It appears that during upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion, Parallels 7 was classified by OSX installer as incompatible app. Once I reinstalled the latest version of Parallels, that classification got overwritten by the Parallels installer and now ML GM does't block it anymore?!

9. doh123 macrumors 65816

I had already updated Parallels to the latest version, and it works just fine after updating to the GM. It didn't list it as incompatible and still works fine. I think its only breaking if you don't already have the latest.