Parallels 7 install onto Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by pkirkman, Nov 5, 2013.

1. pkirkman macrumors newbie

So a few years ago I purcahsed Parallels 7, and happily used it on Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion etc. Before upgrading to Mavericks I purchased the upgrade to Parallels 9, upgraded successfully, and then upgraded to Mavericks.

Then two days after upgrading to Mavericks my hard-drive died, and Apple have since fitted a new one, with a clean install of Mavericks. I only ever backed up my documents, rather than using time machine, so I now don't have a copy of Parallels on my machine at all.

My question... Will I be able to install Parallels 7 onto Mavericks, and then immediately upgrade to 9 using my already purchased upgrade, or am I going to have to wipe the hard drive again myself, install Parallels 7, upgrade it to 9, and then upgrade to Mavericks? Or even worse, pay for a full copy of Parallels 9 and install that....

Any help much appreciated!

2. imacken macrumors 65816

You just need to install PD9, and when asked for the serial number, it will ask you again for a previous version one.

3. eecyclone macrumors regular

eecyclone

You should be able to download a PD9 trial from parallels website, then just use your PD9 activation code with that.

4. pkirkman thread starter macrumors newbie

Perfect! Problem solved.

I ran the updater and it asked for my upgrade activation key, and then the original key for Parallels 7. Guess I should have just tried that in the first place!

Thanks both!!