Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Helloo
I wanted to upgrade my laptop but I heard some people had to reinstall parallels and all that. My question is, how can I reinstall it if I already used the key offered to me which was a 1 time use? Also I bought it through stacksocial and that key was only good for 60 days, those 60 days have passed now so what should I do?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Helloo
I wanted to upgrade my laptop but I heard some people had to reinstall parallels and all that. My question is, how can I reinstall it if I already used the key offered to me which was a 1 time use? Also I bought it through stacksocial and that key was only good for 60 days, those 60 days have passed now so what should I do?

Have upgraded my iMac, Parallels 8 was not an issue. Just make sure you have the latest version of P8. I had concerns because I heard the chatter as well, but my concerns were put to rest as soon as I opened Parallels & Windows 7 after update to Mavericks. Never had to re-install Parallels.

If you have to get a new key, just email Parallels and explain to them why. They might just issue you a new key. No guarantee though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.