Parallels 8 with Win 8 and Office for Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 1stKnight, Aug 17, 2013.

1. 1stKnight, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

1stKnight macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have Parallels 8 and Windows 8 and want to use MS Office from within Windows using a Windows Outlook add-in that isn't recognised by Mac Os but the version I have on my Mac at the moment is Office 2011 for Mac.

Is there a way to get Window's 8 to see the Office in this set up or do I need to install Office 2010 for Windows? (I have a copy of this on my Desktop with a licence available).

Thanks

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Windows can't run Mac apps - it’s not a matter of seeing it or not.

You can Install Office for Windows or just run Office Mac.

3. 1stKnight thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - just checking really, suspected as much.

I was fine with just Office for Mac 2011 but want to now use it from within the Windows platform so will install MS Office for Windows.

My Office 2011 for Mac can be used elsewhere - gonna delete it from my Mac.

4. NewbieCanada, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Office for Windows is definitely better, but I prefer Outlook to Apple Mail, so I keep Office for Mac.

BTW, I’ve had a hell of a time with Office Mac licenses - when I sold an old Mac (after wiping the original) it wouldn’t take the old license number, and the phone number to call left me on hold forever before hanging up on me.

Finally I decided screw it, I’ve got my license number, I’ve got my email from Microsoft sending it to me and installed an illegal copy.