Parallels activation code not working.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vaa, Jan 10, 2008.

1. vaa macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have 2 Mac Laptops. One is a new MacBook Pro. The other is my old MacBook. I upgraded to the pro and gave the other to my wife. I had Parallels installed on my old laptop but my wife will never need Windows on her MacBook. She is running Tiger and I'm running Leopard. I wanted to install parallels on my MacBook Pro but the activation code does not work. I'm pretty sure that I completely uninstalled Parallels from her computer but I'm thinking that it is still linked to hers. Should I just get a new code or is there a way to do what I want? I still need to upgrade to 3.0 for the better Leopard support correct?

Thanks for the help.
    V

2. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

My suggestion would be contact Parallels customer support. But here's a clipping from their website:

So you may wish to upgrade.

3. 00PS macrumors member

Just to clarify here, when you say upgrade you mean purchasing another copy of parallels, or simply installing parallels on leopard and downloading the update to 3.0? I am having a similar problem where i input the activation code then move to installing windows and then it again asks for the activation code.

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Unfortunately yes - the 3.0 is a paid upgrade. But contact their support and see if they can fix your problem without you having to buy the upgrade.