Parallels always starts XP as Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by steve-p, May 25, 2009.

1. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I've been reading the documentation and googling but I haven't found a way of getting Parallels to start XP and log in with anything other than Administrator. I created a proper account in XP with admin rights which I was intending to use for the three or four applications I still need Windows for. However, when starting the VM I have to immediately log out and log back in with this username, which is getting annoying. I suppose I could just use Administrator for the apps, but I'd rather have a proper named user account. Anyone know if it's possible to configure the VM in some way so it uses a different username in XP?

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

If you want to login into another account, you need to do it in windows. Not with parallels. (you don't program you mac to login, you program mac os x for that). I don't know exactly where it is, but just search through preferences, or configuration (don't know the exact name).

Second, you can just change your username when you go to accounts in configuration/preferences and change your name.