Parallels and 2GB on New MacBook ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by XPcentric, Mar 16, 2009.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

My dears, I have a question and though it refers to hardware - memory, the reasons for why I'm planning an upgrade is because of the Parallels. The start up of Windows is not as fast as I want as it blocks all others application for a couple of moments, then it works pretty well on programs that dont require much memory. If it would make a significant difference I would upgrade to 4GB.

The problem: I believe my Mac has 2*1GB memories, making it hard to upgrade to lets say 4GB, even if I buy a 2GB, (hope its working mounting different sizes in the the slots), still makes me sell the other 1GB left free, waste of time or money. Is there un upgrade solution or how could I do it to have 2* 2GB ?

http://store.apple.com/uk/configure/MB467B/A?mco=MTkzOTI5Mg

I appreciate a lot your advices bro!

2. Brooklyn8 macrumors member

Brooklyn8

Just buy 2 sticks of 2gb RAM. Ram is pretty cheap these days. You could try and sell the old ram, but you probably won't get much for them, I'd just hang on to them for backups.

3. om3ga785 macrumors member

4. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys, dont know how I didnt remember that though I use Crucial website to buy memory for a laptop before.

My question is, will it make a difference. At this moment I'm at an Apple centre using an MacBook Pro 2.66 proc, and 4GB and looks super fast on Safari. I'm using Firefox at home with a couple of addons and I'm sure its not so fast, wonder if it is because of memory ?!