parallels and bootcamp for different users

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Acorn, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I am trying to get used to using my mac on another user account besides administrator. I heard its "safer". One of the things that I noticed was all the applications that was installed as a administrator was also available to the user group. However This is not the case with bootcamp or parallels. The parallels file is in a private admin folder and also bootcamp cant be accessed either.

can someone tell me how to allow access to bootcamp for my users or even better bootcamp and parallels both for the users.

im new to this account management thing.

2. 11colmil macrumors member

11colmil

I'm pretty sure it can be done by logging into the administrator account. Find the user folder for your administrator account, right-click, and select get info. In the sharing and permissions section, click the button with the plus and locate the name of the user account you are trying to use Parallels with. After it is added to the list, make sure the account has read and write privileges.

The problem you are having is from the configuration file being somewhere you have no read/write access to.

You may have to relocate the configuration file in Parallels for the non-admin account

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

hmm. i was hoping for an easier way. thanks I will play around with it. I can't even access the bootcamp partition from a regular account.