Parallels and Hamachi

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by giganten, Sep 6, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

I did try to play Age of empire 1 with my friend. I can play AOE in parllels works fine, and then we did install hamachi to play. But I dont get the ip adress that hamachi give me and I cant ping my friend in hamachi either. Do I have to change something in parallels to get it to work?

2. IBitePrettyHard macrumors member

I had the same problem using Hamachi too! I was trying to play Starcraft with a friend the other day, but we couldn't join each other's lobby to play. I was able to connect to him on the "buddy list" and even chat with him in Hamachi, but we couldn't connect in the game itself.

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Spartan-117 macrumors newbie

Spartan-117

were are u running harmichi ? it wont work if ur running harmichi in windows as the LAN port that it think it has in windows is a virtual one, so most likely you need to run harmichi in osX then direct the traffic through it from parallels :)

P.S Harmichi rules file sharing across the country :D and lan games across the country :D dont know why soo many people dont use it :(

5. IBitePrettyHard macrumors member

I'm not that good at the networking side...how would I route traffic from Hamachi to Parallels?