Parallels and MacUpdate

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 10shot, Jun 19, 2009.

1. 10shot macrumors newbie

Hey all, I'm new to my Mac and OS X so it's possible I'm missing something really simple and stupid. Anyway, I purchased the Macupdate.com promo bundle because I needed Circus Ponies Notebook and wanted to give Parallels 4.0 a shot. The first problem occurred when trying to download the .dmg file it proposed to be burnable to a dvd. I downloaded it and it said that verification failed. I still tried to burn the file to a disk with no luck.

No big deal I thought, I'll download the individual apps and just put the validation codes I have in there. So I did and the ones I downloaded worked but then I got to parallels. I have downloaded it from 2 different places (a cnet link I found and the parallels website) but I have received different messages including 'missing codec' and 'verification failed.' I even tried to download the trial for parallels and just update it and that didn't work either.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to resolve either of these issues? It would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Is there a way to download the Windows 7 RC onto a Mac to burn to a disk?

2. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Did you open if first and then click on disk utility to select it.?

Windows 7 RC does work with Parallels and Bootcamp.

3. 10shot thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't open it at all. I moved it over in disk utility to the list of things on the left hand side and then clicked the burn icon. It told me that the disk image was corrupt there. But this was after it had already said that verification failed at the end of the download.

And I'm referring to being able to download the RC 7 disk information. I tried it through the microsoft site the other day and it just sat there at the loading screen and never let me download the image.

4. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Sorry. Don't know what you mean by disk information.

Have you tries downloading clicking on the link in the Macupdate receipt?

I only ask because I have done exactly as you did and everything has worked.

5. 10shot thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's where I downloaded it from.

I guess my bigger issue is why the Parallels download won't work from anywhere. It keeps telling me different things. I finally got one that looked to work but when it tried to run the setup information, it said it failed.