Parallels and WindowServer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SC68Cal, Jun 7, 2007.

1. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

Tell you what. Purchased a Parallels license, and i'm not very happy with the results.

I've had multiple instances where Parallels absolutely slams WindowServer. It's been so bad that I have to force quit Parallels, then log out because Parallels rapes WindowServer so bad that I have artifacts on my screen.

Anyone else have these symptoms? The only relevant thread I found was this one and the support team dismisses it. I think they've got to get their act together, because I'm not happy about this at all, definitely hasn't earned my $80 yet.

I don't think the Parallels application cleans up after itself properly either. Before logging out, I just played around with my dock to see what was going on. WindowServer cranked up to 100% and I was dropping frames simply moving through my dock icons.

Logged out and logged in, Parallels hasn't been run yet, same actions yield only a 50% usage.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That is very strange. I haven't had that happen when I've used Parallels... I have no idea what might be causing the issue you describe. :confused:

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Again, I've never had any of the issues you describe, however I only use it for Office 07.

Are you using any applications inside Parallels at the time?

Strange, hope it gets fixed.

Have you seen this thread