Parallels attracts by its next season offer!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nikopolidis, Mar 6, 2008.

1. nikopolidis macrumors regular

For those who are deciding to get Virtual Machine's soft in the nearest future, I recommend you not to miss the opportunity to save your money! I've just found out that Parallels now has their next special "spring offer". :)
    For example, It lets you to save up to $15 on getting Parallels Desktop Premium and then $10 on its upgrading. Looks pretty nice and attractive! They call it "Break into Spring".

Well, it seems to be that Parallels' marketing is doing well his job to make its product more attractive for their customers... I always thought before that Parallels is very customer-oriented company with its excellent support system and nice offers... This offer is another confirmation.

I could save my money if I buy Parallels Desktop today. But I already have it... :eek:

2. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

You sound like a marketing brochure.

They used to include a six month subscription to Kaspersky Internet Security when you bought Parallels Desktop for Mac. That's a good product, and it was genuinely a good deal and differentiator (no anti-virus/security bundled with VMware Fusion), as most are aware of the need for real anti-virus/security software for Windows. Normally that sells for $80 for a one year subscription, so by that math the six month subscription was worth $40. (One could argue it was worth more than that as at the end of the six months there's an opportunity to extend at a discount.)

Now, instead of something worth $40 bundled in the box, there's a $20 rebate.

That's a hidden raising of the price, not a sale.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Thats Marketing Bull,the only thing thats Confirming/proves is they need to bundle in extra software in the hope it makes parallel's a more attractive product.

Why doesn't Fusion do these so called offers "Why because it doesn't need to"

4. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

Really? :) That's good! I always wanted to have a job in marketing or advertising sphere. That means I have some skills. Should try... :rolleyes:

They still have that Parallels Desktop Premium offer for you with bundled in Kaspersky and Acronis... But know it is even cheaper.
    Where did you see a raising of the price here? :confused: I can see $20 rebate..

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

We usually use Fusion, but somebody had a copy of Parallels, so I set up their MBP with that. Terrible experience, never again.

6. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure it makes! Of course such offers don't work for those like you, Fusion fans... :)

That seems to be debatable.. If VMWare was far away from Parallels in their competition I would agree with you then. But they aren't far away...

7. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

I think we have a lot of another threads to discuss Parallels/Fusion/BootCamp personal experience... :rolleyes:

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

:)

yep but the fact remains fusion out sells paralle's

9. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

Again debatable! :) Do you have statistics on Parallels' and Fusion sales? I don't. I'm sure neither have you. So if I were you I wouldn't tell such a loud statements.. ;)
    By the way, you personally how often do you use Fusion? How often do you run Windows and what for?

10. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yep maybe that statment was a bit loud and was maybe based on all the stuff thats on the web.As for using fusion i use it nearly everyday,for both work & pleasure ( work in college teaching IT ) I have to use windows
    everyday at work but for pleasure/some work i need windows on my MBP so i can test IE7 as i do some webdesign i also have my CS3 stuff installed on windows

11. user13 macrumors regular

user13

Interesting news, thank you!
    I already bought everything I need from Parallels: no chance of getting 20$:)
    Anyway, I wouldn't call this move a drawback for Parallels. Sounds very interesting for those who will buy it in March

12. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Why do you think it's interesting news that a company should bundle in software that you don't even need ?
    Look we have included this,you don't need it, but hey it's free please try then buy us = SUCKER

13. user13 macrumors regular

user13

First, this is the software that I need.
    Second, no one forces you to buy Parallels Premium. Need Parallels - buy common version, or, if you find the bundled soft interesting, get Premium that includes three additional apps. This will cost less.
    It's up to you to choose if you will pay extra 20$ for a version of Parallels with bundled software.
    I was talking about their spring offer which really looks attractive for those who'd like to buy Parallels. This is just a discount.

14. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

You can always get a pure version of Parallels Desktop! Additional apps are only in Premium version. You always have a choice! Nobody presses you to buy the apps that you don't need... :)

15. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

Thank you for the info!!! I have parallels, but I'll tell to my friend about this special offer. He will be interested.