Parallels - Best Way to Install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wfernley, Jul 29, 2010.

1. wfernley macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I just got Parallels installed and set it up with my existing boot camp installation of Windows 7. I was wondering if this is the best way to do it or if I should install it virtually.

I use my Mac for business use and mainly use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Outlook, Word and Excel. I currently have the Office 2008 trial but am not a big fan. I'm using Entourage for email. I do have Office 2007 and would like to use it instead on Parallels so I don't have to buy Office 2008. I will buy Office 2011 if it is better than 2008. :)

Considering I use Photoshop, what is the best way memory wise? I have 8GB RAM on this MBP. Also, whenever I go to shut down my computer, Parallels gives me a warning saying that corruption could occur because I'm forcing a shut down on a boot camp installation.

So, back to my main question...what is the best way to install Parallels?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

I have to suggest that you do a search on this.

http://mroogle.*************/

I was trying to decide on Parallels or VM Fusion and how to use both and I didn't need to post a single question because there was so much info on here that I found with searching. It's all been asked before. Besides, I believe it's highly recommend from our leaders here that you search first.

Hope this helps.

3. evalve macrumors newbie

Help!

I'm an old Mac person from the days of 1984's Test Drive a Mac, but due to new job 12 years ago, went to the evil empire, now I'm back with a MacBook Pro. I just downloaded Parallels to have access to the multitude of programs and data from those days with PCs. I downloaded the software and clicked on the wrong icon! I was given the choice between Installing New or the other; and the other which would have allowed me to bring my Windows programs to Parallels. Now I'm stuck with Parallels asking me to install the CDs (which I don't have) for starting. What do I do? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.