Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey guys,

so... loving bootcamp/ntfs xp pro,

... loving parallels beta.....

i am very interested in trying out parallels bootcamp startup feature, but what is the word around the campfire about this feature?

i hear:
-have to redo the license thing every time, due to windows thinking there is a hardware change every time you switch over...?
-i hear there is a workaround for this????

-i hear the parallels bootcamp installer screws up bootcamp?

whats the word!?

r.

diametric

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2006
Sydney
Uhm, well, Parallels did not ask me for a serial number to re-activate windows. My Winows partition did not die. And everything has been going quite well. Love, I tell you.

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
I had a few issues setting it up. First fat32 partitions are a no no. NTFS only. Then the parallel tools you need to make it work refused to install on my system.

I found the fixes for both these on their forums and its now working, but its far from a finished system. :)

great idea and I'm interested to see how it progress over time.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
encountered one small problem,

windows found new hardware, pci bridge i think, but could not find the drivers for it....

suggestions?

thanks so much for your help! i am excited.

r.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
encountered another small problem,

... now bootcampxp thorugh parallels works just fine....

... but now when i load bootcamp directly i cannot access my mac partition! even with the latest macdrive! it's just not there....

.... should i remove parallels tools from that partition?

anyone els ehave this problem?
r.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Aside from the activation thing, it ran smoothly the first few times. But now, when I boot into Bootcamp, XP hangs before it even starts.

For now, I'm going to stay away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.