Parallels/ Bootcamp problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gambitman, May 7, 2008.

1. Gambitman macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have created a major problem for myself with parallels/bootcamp and could sure use some help. I am new to macs (first one ever ) and am runnning a new macpro with 2 quad core processors. I trade stocks and some of the apps I use have to run in windows so I was using bootcamp. Anyways I bought Parallels because I thought it would be cool to be able to switch back and forth with the Mac instead ofhaving to reboot. I never even thought to check if Parallels woudl run on 2 monitors (which I need) So I get Parallels installed and I find out you can't run on 2 monitor and I unistall it and attempt to go back to running things in bootcamp. But when I tried to start in bootcamp I get a <windows root>\system32\hal.dll error and it wouldn't start. So I put in my windows CD and tried to repair. And I seem to have either removed or lost Leopard. (it was not a good night) When I start computer I get black screen asking me if i want to start XP PRO (kind of looks like windows safe mode screen) It will launch in windows but that is it, can't find Leopard anywhere. Not sure what to do here. Can I insert apple installion disk? Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Gambitman thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I put in my Mac Install disc and it appears to be working normally again. But I am curious if my partition between Mac and windows stayed the same. is there a way to tell what my harddrive partition currrently is? Thanks