Parallels/Bootcamp/VMWare Fusion??? which one

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by njmitchel0, Sep 9, 2008.

1. njmitchel0 macrumors member

I have a college course Im taking and we work off of a cd rom disc that isn't compatible with mac, i have a copy of vista, and this would be the only reason I'd really need to use windows as far as I know. Which one would be best for me? Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may not be aware that this question, like many others, has already been discussed quite a bit. Chances are good that your answers lie in existing threads, which you can find by searching the forums with this link. Here are some of the dozens of threads on this topic, filled with opinions and recommendations. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help! :)

3. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I run Vista on bootcamp and love it. Yes you have to turn the computer off and then on to switch from OS X and Windows, but you can run Windows natively in it unlike Parallels or VM. It has worked great for me and I haven't had any problems.

Everyone has their preference though.

4. Queso macrumors G4

If you only need it for that one thing skip paying and use VirtualBox from Sun, which will allow you to virtualise Windows and therefore remove the need to reboot but is free.