Parallels crashing...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PowerFullMac, Jan 4, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I just bought Paralells and installed Windows Vista and it worked fine until I installed a few programs and rebooted Winblows, it booted up again but then in the middle of loading programs it loads everytime it boots, I got the spinning beach ball of death and Parallels crashed! I managed to boot Vista up in to safe mode after I force quitted Parallels and uninstallrd the new apps and rebooted Windows and the same thing happened! I even tried booting the virtual machene from the Vista install DVD and doing a system restore from a point when it wasent broken and it said it worked but it still didnt work!

Also, another user on the computer was using Parallels when it said there was a update for Parallels and they asked me what to do (im the best at computers in our house) and I clicked "Update" and it downloaded and clicked "Yes" to starting the installer and, once again, spinning beachball of death! I left iy litrally for hours and when I came back it was still the same so I had to force quit it.

Any help?

Sorry for any typos, typed this on my iPod Touch.

2. brkirch macrumors regular