Parallels Desktop 10 El Capitan Compatibility

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by technogeek1995, Nov 12, 2015.

1. technogeek1995 macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded to El Capitan and realized that in order to use Parallels Desktop 10's booting from Boot Camp, I have to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection). I don't want to disable SIP to use Parallels. Does anyone know if this is resolved in the latest version of Parallels 11? Or do you still have to disable OS X's SIP? I search Parallel's forms for a bit, but could only find the work around of disabling SIP during the El Capitan Beta. Any guidance is much appreciated!

2. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

The vast majority of Mac users should not disable System Integrity Protection. Disabling System Integrity Protection is aimed exclusively at advanced Mac users. The System Integrity Protection feature is aimed at preventing Mac OS X compromise by malicious code. Do so at your own risk, this is not specifically recommended. You'd better contact Parallel's support to check if the latest version of Parallels 11 can support El Capitan well.