Parallels Desktop 4.0 - VM Stuck in Suspend

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AppleMatt, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Hi,

My Windows XP virtual machine is 'stuck' in suspend. All items in the 'Virtual Machine' menu are greyed out except 'Suspend' which is ticked. The VM window itself is just black, and the VM list has a spinny gear next to the virtual machine. It's been like this for days.

I've used Time Machine to restore to a previous known good VM file, but that didn’t work. So I'm wondering if it's a cache file or some such.

I desperately need access to this for my work - please help! No point asking Parallels support, they don't speak English (I discovered after paying).

AppleMatt

2. AppleMatt thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Screenies:

Attached Files:

3. railpass macrumors newbie

Had the same problem. A reboot of Mac OS X solved it.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Suspend = Windows Sleep

Press Start to get it going again, sometimes if your computer is a bit old it wont start up again because it requires lot of spare hard drive space and quite a lot of RAM, but a restart of OS X will reset it.

5. Daniel Da Cunha macrumors newbie

I'm having this issue as I write this e-mail. Even though it seams from multiple posts that restarting the Mac does the trick the explanation listed above doesn't make much sense.

I can't press Start because the Start menu in Parallels is disabled. I logged out then in of my account and still have the problem. I'll revert to restarting my machine but I would like to understand this issue if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Daniel

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

That's one reason I switched to Fusion VMWare. I have had NO problems ever since...