Parallels Desktop Coherence - Taskbar Not Showing

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hieuky, Sep 20, 2010.

1. hieuky macrumors member

Hello!

Yesterday, I have downloaded Parallels Desktop to my Macbook Pro, and my brother brought a CD of Windows 7 to install there. At first, in the coherence mode, the taskbar was working amazingly until I turned off my computer. When I turned it back on, Windows 7 started to run, and the taskbar started to disappear and reappear after awhile. Then I restarted Parallels, then the taskbar completely disappeared. I have tried to modify its settings, and it still didn't work. So, I changed the coherence mode to window one, the taskbar was there. And then I changed it back to coherence, it disappeared again.

What should I do to get it back in the coherence mode?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There's a preference in the VM settings that controls whether or not the Windows taskbar is auto-hidden or not in Coherence mode. Try toggling it.

3. hieuky thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much for your reply. I did follow your instructions, yet it did not help. However, what I did was to disable the Crystal Mode (not sure if it actually matters, I'm still a newbie) -- and I noticed that the Parallels Desktop icon on my Mac dock looking different. So, I right clicked it, and there was an option to "Show Windows Taskbar" in the 'View' section and it finally worked.