Parallels for 3dmax????

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by arq.cocolo, Feb 8, 2012.

1. arq.cocolo macrumors newbie

Hey..
    i have to instal 3dmax soft in my Imac, on my Win7 partition but i have no space left. So i thinking to rum paralles on my OS partition to do it..
    I safe, fast and stable enough Parallels on mac os partition to rum 3d max??
    i have I7 2.93ghz imac 8gb of ram.....

thanks!!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Depends on what you have to do in 3ds max, but I guess it is just for school or a temporary installation?
    Anyway, 3ds max can be run inside a VM of Windows, I even could open a 1 million poly object in it once on my 2007 iMac and it was okay. Not comfortable, but okay.

3. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

If it is running slow I think Parallels defaults to about half ram and half core useage but those settings are changeable. Just give your Windows more Ram and possibly more cores to run with and it should help.

4. arq.cocolo thread starter macrumors newbie

Im going to used for profesional work, i already use cinema 4d on mac partition but i need both because work issues, so im looking to a solution that not requires reinstall all bootcamp all over again.....