Parallels has ruined my Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stephenc92, Jul 31, 2007.

1. stephenc92 macrumors regular

stephenc92

I originally posted this on the Parallels forums, but no one seems to reply to threads there.

I have Vista on Boot Camp as well as Parallels. I originally created the virtual drive on Boot Camp, and then opened parallels and chose the option to use Boot Camp. Now when I try to use Boot Camp, the mouse cursor and keyboard don't work. Everything else is fine, it loads fine. I think it may be something to do with Parallels' drivers.

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Why would you want both "Bootcamp" and "Parallels" ? Surely one or the other would suffice .. :confused:

3. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Not always.

I have both (vmware vs parallels), for the sole reason of better USB connectivity through boot camp for some hardware I have. I tried using vmware fusion to use my boot camp partitions (so I wouldn't have 2 windows installs) but had keyboard issues so I gave up. I would be nice to use the windows partitions under OSX so I don't have to reboot.

Kimo

4. stephenc92 thread starter macrumors regular

stephenc92

Because Parallels clearly states that both can compliment each other. If I want to play games on Windows, I'll use Boot Camp. But if it's a small application that does not require much RAM, I'll simply open up Parallels.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Ahhhh .. not being a games player I never thought of that .. :eek: Thanks.

FJ

6. Homer2556 macrumors newbie

Parallels doesn't support using a Vista Bootcamp install as a VM. This is my dilemma when I purchase my new iMac. Think I'll run XP Pro until it is supported.