Parallels has ruined my Boot Camp

stephenc92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I originally posted this on the Parallels forums, but no one seems to reply to threads there.

I have Vista on Boot Camp as well as Parallels. I originally created the virtual drive on Boot Camp, and then opened parallels and chose the option to use Boot Camp. Now when I try to use Boot Camp, the mouse cursor and keyboard don't work. Everything else is fine, it loads fine. I think it may be something to do with Parallels' drivers.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
Not always.

I have both (vmware vs parallels), for the sole reason of better USB connectivity through boot camp for some hardware I have. I tried using vmware fusion to use my boot camp partitions (so I wouldn't have 2 windows installs) but had keyboard issues so I gave up. I would be nice to use the windows partitions under OSX so I don't have to reboot.

Kimo

stephenc92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Why would you want both "Bootcamp" and "Parallels" ? Surely one or the other would suffice .. :confused:
Because Parallels clearly states that both can compliment each other. If I want to play games on Windows, I'll use Boot Camp. But if it's a small application that does not require much RAM, I'll simply open up Parallels.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Because Parallels clearly states that both can compliment each other. If I want to play games on Windows, I'll use Boot Camp. But if it's a small application that does not require much RAM, I'll simply open up Parallels.
Ahhhh .. not being a games player I never thought of that .. :eek: Thanks.

FJ

Homer2556

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2007
Oregon
Parallels doesn't support using a Vista Bootcamp install as a VM. This is my dilemma when I purchase my new iMac. Think I'll run XP Pro until it is supported.