Parallels help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Will/\, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Will/\ macrumors member

Hi i have a windows vista installation disc that came with my dell laptop however on the disc is an .exe file for setup and so I can't use it. To solve this I downloaded a ISO file and tried that put product key in and went to install but when I installed I got this error...

Can anyone help please?

Attached Files:

2. lancdoc macrumors newbie

Parallels Installation

I'm not sure that this is the answer or will help, but that Windows Vista disc you have has been authenticated to the specific Dell machine you were using it on and is not transferable to another machine. In addition, Vista is the most frustrating of recent Windows products, and even if the disc worked, I would recommend buying Windows 7 and using this instead. Hope you get a more specific answer to the Windows error code you're receiving.

3. Will/\ thread starter macrumors member

I've gotten past this now I get these messages...

The german one translated means the selected language can't be used.
    How do I fix this please?

Attached Files:

4. Will/\ thread starter macrumors member

I do have a windows 7 dell cd but my iMac doesn't have an optical drive so would this be the same process or is windows 7 easier to install?

5. Will/\ thread starter macrumors member

Ok so I have windows 7 installed but now when i click something it selects all of the above as though I'm holding down the shift key...

I am using the magic mouse if that is the reason why?

Attached Files:

6. Will/\ thread starter macrumors member

Ahhh I feel like an idiot today as this has stopped now thanks if anyone looked at this post anyway and to those who posted (1 person - lancdoc).

7. PNGento macrumors member

I am having the exact same problem you were...first, the language issue...then the same stoppage issues. Did you buy your copy of Vista from MissionSoft?

It appears you went with Windows 7...where did you get your copy?