Parallels - how to tell how much space I dedicated?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rawdawg, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I installed Parallels many months ago. I really don't use it though except for today when I needed to open something in Windows.

I noticed my "HardDrive" said it was 60Gb with 55Gb available. I only have a MBP with a 500Gb HDD and never meant to dedicate 60Gb to having Parallels. I thought I only allowed 10Gb. As I said, I really don't need to use it that much and not for anything large.

How can I check how big the space is I reserved for it? From what I understand there should be a folder reserved but I can't find it.

Does anyone have advice? Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Macintosh HD / Users / YOU (your home folder*) / Documents / Virtual Machines

Do you have one or two partitions? Do you mean Boot Camp by any chance (55 of 60GB free)?

* the home folder has the short name of your account, so if your account name is Raw Dawg, the short name is rawdawg.

3. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

It's only the one partition, and no, not boot camp. I'm referring to when I am in Windows through Parallel and look at the "C: drive" it says 55Gb left of 60Gb.

I checked the directory you listed and for some reason it says Zero KB....?

/Users/(Me)/Documents/Parallels