Parallels in Lion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dkrogh, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Dkrogh macrumors member

Has anyone ran parallels in lion yet? If so I'm just wondering if there are any issues or if it still runs smooth.

Also what do people prefer, bootcamp or parallels.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I use Parallels 6 with my Boot Camp Windows 7 Home Premium. Runs fine, haven't ran into any problems that I've seen.

I use Bootcamp with Parallels because I have games that I run only in Boot Camp (since they're not possible or fast enough to run in Parallels or VMware Fusion) while still be able to run my Windows only applications such as Visual Studio and PowerCommander.

3. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

When I had DP3 and tried to install parallels it said virtualization wasn't possible.

4. Tiberion macrumors newbie

Parallels Desktop is running on Lion

PD6 build 12094 supports Lion

If you have used Parallels in Spaces you could face the problem with "invisible" Virtual Machine window. It is addressed in http://kb.parallels.com/en/111682

5. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

While i had no problems in SL, Lion seems to lack virtualization in Parrels as I speak. Saying only 1 core available....

Maybe an update but until then, i can't start a VM :(

6. cimonc macrumors newbie

cimonc

I am bummed that Parallels 4 won't work on Lion. Between that and Mac Office not working, I sometimes wish I hadn't upgraded to Lion. Other than that, I have been using Parallels 6 on trial, and easy to install and easy to use, and I like the way the device looks. It feels simple like the way a Mac should. One concern is that I can't seem to get the 'parallel' sign on the apps in Finder that are Windows apps. I used to be able to open a Windows App in finder without Parallels open and it would automatically open it for me. I really liked that on Parallels 4. Also, I am not finding it easy to move files between the two OS, but I haven't been working that long on it.:apple:

7. windowstomac macrumors regular

I'm using 6 with Lion, it works absolutely fine BUT while I still only had 4gb in my MBP it was distinctly sluggish (when it hadn't been with SL) - upgraded to 8gb and all is well again.