Parallels on MacBook Pro retina display.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by golf1410, Jun 28, 2012.

1. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Guys, wonder how well parallels support retina display on the new MacBook pro.
    A screenshot would be nice. I really wanna see before I am going to purchase parallels.
    Thanks
    Btw, iWork doesn't fully support retina display yet. Icon menus are fuzzy after unchecking low resolution. I am kind of disappointed.

2. willieva macrumors 6502

3. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

For the RMBP - which way is everyone leaning? Parallels or Fusion? When do they both typically drop new versions? I would hate to buy one only for them to release a new version and have to upgrade....

4. Morien, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

Morien macrumors member

How does Parallels render Windows now on the retina display? 1:1? 1:4? Or does it show at the scaled resolution (1080p, etc)? Possible for someone to upload a screenshot of it in action? Particularly thinking of running Office that way when mine arrives since I already have a copy.

Thanks

5. akiev75 macrumors newbie

Last week purchased MacBook Pro with retina display. I spent entire week trying to configure it to work with Fusion and Parallels (including latest updates). No luck. The most beauful screen I've ever seen when you run BootCamp. Doesn't perform as near with Fusion and Parallels. Had to return it. Do not waist your money if you still use Windows. Have my 5 year old MacBook that had no such problems. Let's wait until retina will be supported.