Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frostiex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Calgary
I am contemplating if I should buy parallels 9. I am just worry with Yosemite just around the corner. Will they release parallels 10 and make me pay for the upgrade?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I am contemplating if I should buy parallels 9. I am just worry with Yosemite just around the corner. Will they release parallels 10 and make me pay for the upgrade?

Yes, they will. If they could, they would make you pay twice! Check old forums for the past few years, it is their pattern. They will probably offer a "sucker deal" just in time for you to buy it, but not be eligible for the update. I have fallen victim of that twice.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I was worrying about this but so far my parallels installation has worked without a hitch in Yosemite.. Didnt even have to update it, it just didn't break.. Which is very unusual for Parallels running on a DP!

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
The guy from Parallels says that Parallels 9 will support Yosemite in an update. They support 2 years of versions backwards ... if that makes sense. If they come out with a Parallels 10, they will support Parallels 9 and 10 with Yosemite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.