Parallels Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by superman4388, Aug 16, 2007.

1. superman4388 macrumors member

i just installed parallels on my macbook, it fires up okay but when i go to click on internet explorer a message comes up on my screen asking which program i would like to open it with.. was there something wrong with my installation or is there some way to get my explorer to work? thanks

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Are you sure it was IE you tried to open? This is more of a windows than Parallels question, so I'm guessing you botched your install. Just try again and see if it does the same thing.

3. furious macrumors 65816

furious

reinstall is the best option if the initial install was botched.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Wait a minute. Where are you clicking on IE? In the Finder? Parallels does not let you run Windows applications in OSX (and is not advertised as such). It let your run Windows. You need a Windows install inside Parallels. You can then run Windows inside OSX and run IE inside that Windows instance.

5. superman4388 thread starter macrumors member

i'm clicking the internet explorer icon inside of the start menu on windows XP running through parallels. im beginning to think that reinstalling both would be my best option