Parallels - Reinstall Question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CRK17, Dec 30, 2008.

1. CRK17 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a new MB with Parallels and Windows XP installed for me. I booted up Parallels once or twice the other week (no real to use for it yet since I had it installed to run Quickbooks which is ordered). Any way I went to boot up Windows Explorer and I get a note saying that the Parallels application can not be found. When I look for the application I can't seem to find it.

Since I have the Parallels disk can I simply reinstall the application? Will I be required to partition the HD again? Do I have to delete all the other Parallels file before reinstalling? Since I had this all done for me when I purchased the MB I'm not that experienced with Parallels. This is my first experience with a virtual machine.

One other question. I'm running 1 GB of RAM which I know is kind of low but from my understanding this should be enough to run Windows with Parallel correct? I only plan on using Quickbooks on the Windows side. No gaming or anything like that.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That's odd. Yes, reinstalling should work. And no, there's no partitioning to be done - Parallels uses virtual disks instead, which are just large files. And yes, 1GB is low. Too little to run Windows Vista comfortably, but enough for Windows XP.