Parallels Student Discount

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by me43, Jul 14, 2013.

1. me43 macrumors member

Has anyone seen a discount specifically for students on Parallels 8? I know that I can get it on amazon for about $60 but I've seen several pages with discounts on the software that appear to be discontinued. Also would Apple sell it at a discounted price to students?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You can get it in the Mac Utility Bundle for $49.99. Worth checking out. Limited time.

3. opinio macrumors 65816

OWC often has it heavily discounted.

4. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

ISIC discount

I know you can get it for £30 in the UK with an ISIC (international student identity card). 1 copy per card. You can find this offer on the ISIC website, you need a valid ISIC card to redeem it.

5. JustSoWicked1 macrumors newbie

Also check out VMware. There pro version for $50 with a student discount. IMO it's better then parallels.

6. cledet macrumors regular

cledet

^ This. VMWare Fusion is far superior to Parallels. Parallels is a resource hog and not to mention they spam you with ads after installation.

7. me43 thread starter macrumors member

For anyone other students looking to buy Parallels I found a link on there site which sends you to another page where you need to prove your a student. It then offers a $40 download of Parallels 8. This was the cheapest I could find it by about $20.