Parallels won't let me install a windows program....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by afd116, Jan 22, 2009.

1. afd116 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new IMac 20 for my home office and I had it set up from MacMall with a number of pieces of software including Parallels and Windows XP Home. I really want this Mac to work (I love my MacBook Pro), but I can't seem to load a piece of Windows software that I HAVE to be able to use. After I put the disc in I keep getting the same error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0x000135). Click OK to terminate." I have tried this same disc in a few pc's and it works fine.....so it has to be my new Mac. BTW the software is something I use that is specific to the funeral industry and the vendor does not support MAC, so I have to work this out on my own.

I have checked the configuration of Parallels and the CD/DVD drive seems to be configured correctly. I have hit a wall......any suggestions? I really have to get this up and running shortly or I will be forced to go out and get a PC, and the thought of that really makes me sick.

Todd

2. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Have you tried installing any programs off other CD's? What about turning on/off the virtual machine/mac? What about trying to download on online version of the program?

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Other people getting a 0x000135 error on app launches have found it to be because they didn't have .Net installed and it was required. Do you know the requirements for your app?

.Net 1.1 + .Net 2.0 SP1

4. afd116 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried loading Disc Copy 2 and it is working fine. My software vendor does NOT have an online version available. Now I'm really pissed.

Todd

5. afd116 thread starter macrumors newbie

.Net? Actually I found that same information on another forum, but I haven't looked into it yet. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I go about installing that? And I'm sorry, no, I don't know the requirements for my software. Sorry.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

They're application frameworks, code bases that apps are built on.

Anyway, download and install 1.1 and 2.0. It won't do any harm and you may find it fixes your problem. I have linked to the downloads in my previous post.

7. afd116 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have downloaded both of the links you gave me and it appears to be working. I am installing the program as we speak. Also, the version of the software I'm installing is directorsassistant.net .net? Duh!!!!

Todd