Parallel's?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rockjock, Mar 11, 2015.

1. rockjock macrumors newbie

Currently have 2014 MBair 11 inch, but detest the screen, love form factor, own 4 applet tvs, 2 Mac minis, 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook pro, 1 iPod classic, 1 iPod nano, 1 iPod shuffle, so, yes I am in the ecosystem. But I must run a windows program that absolutely sucks on the MB air with the poor screen resolution. Has anyone knowledge of how parallel's will function on the new MacBook? Will it crawl or be acceptable? Cheers.

2. mjs402 macrumors 6502

You can run BootCamp, I don't know about Parallels.

Check the bottom of the page for BootCamp:
    http://www.apple.com/ca/macbook/osx/

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't perform on par with your current 11" MBA. Of course we don't know for sure exactly how the rMB performs yet, but the Core M is not as much of a slouch as it has been made out to be.

Although it does depend on what program you're trying to run.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

It'll work fine. VMs eat a lot of ram, and it comes with 8gb. The CPU can handle it. It's as fast as a 2010 macbook pro. Parallels was popular in 2010, and no one was complaining then.

It's not optimal though. I'd still recommend a macbook pro.

5. Rachel Faith macrumors regular

Rachel Faith

I would NOT run WIN with 4GB of ram. Half of the max 8 this thing can do. This isn't 2004 windows anymore. RAM RAM RAM - These should come with 32GB now days. 8? Ludicrous.

6. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Oh you are a windows user for sure:rolleyes:

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think it will run, though you may be getting a bit frustrated at its performance. At least it has 8GB of ram, so that will definitely help in running virtualization.

8. Rachel Faith macrumors regular

Rachel Faith

I am a power user. 64 BG of ram is not near enough. I would max it out in 30 minutes of use and get a beach ball.